Employment trends continue to affect and bring change to both employers and job candidates. In this video, we discuss the top six hiring trends that will affect the employment market in 2023.
The hiring market is constantly evolving, and it’s important to keep an eye on hiring trends so employers can make well-informed hiring decisions. In the coming years, hiring trends that will be particularly influential include an emphasis on remote roles, more creative hiring processes, and a stronger focus on diversity.
Here are the top six hiring trends that will affect the employment market in 2023:
- Increased Focus on Remote Work Opportunities: With an emphasis on digitalization and remote work, many employers are now hiring employees with the expectation that they will work remotely at least part of the time. This is beneficial for both employers and job seekers as it can improve hiring time, reduce hiring costs and provide a more flexible working arrangement.
- Creative Hiring Processes: Employers are becoming increasingly creative in their hiring processes. This involves incorporating new approaches such as candidate video interviews, virtual job fairs, and gamified assessments to ensure that they hire the right candidates for the job quickly and effectively.
- Strengthened Emphasis on Diversity: Hiring managers are increasingly recognizing the value that diverse hiring can have on a company’s success. Employers are now taking steps to ensure their hiring practices reflect this, with increased emphasis on hiring from underrepresented populations such as women, minorities, and people with disabilities.
- Increased Use of Automation: Automation is becoming increasingly commonplace in hiring processes, with an emphasis on streamlining the hiring process and providing more accurate results. This includes chatbot-driven recruitment, automated pre-screening tests, and even artificial intelligence (AI) to help employers make better hiring decisions faster.
- More Candidate-Centric Approaches: Employers are beginning to focus more on the hiring experience from the candidate’s point of view, with an emphasis on creating a positive and streamlined hiring process. This includes changes such as shorter hiring cycles, better communication throughout the hiring process, and improved job postings that provide clear information about what candidates can expect from a role.
- Shift Towards an Employer’s Market: There has been a notable shift from an employee’s market to an employer’s market. Employers are becoming increasingly more selective when hiring new staff, as they are looking for the right skill set and cultural fit within their organizations. Consequently, job seekers must possess hard skills and demonstrate professional conduct to stand out amongst their peers. Additionally, employers are increasingly considering the potential long-term value of a new hire over short-term benefits, which further increases competition for positions. The trend of an employer’s market is likely to continue in the near future, making it important for job seekers to equip themselves with the necessary skills and knowledge to remain relevant.
By understanding these hiring trends, employers can gain a competitive edge when hiring for roles and ensure they are hiring the best employees for their organization. It’s important to stay up-to-date on hiring trends so you can make informed decisions and stay ahead of the curve in 2023.